Max Wilson

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Slade Thomas

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Allie Claire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day!

Max loves snow! When he woke up this morning, we told him that it had snowed. He immediately went to the front door, opened and when he looked outside he said "i need my boots on". He then went to find his Thomas the Train snow boots and put them on. He then said " i put my boots on all by myself. I can go outside now." Of course, I being the awful mother than I am, said "you have to eat breakfast first" which caused a major melt down in the middle of the living room floor. Crocodile tears flowed and the repeated " I just wanna play in the snow" "I need to shovel". Knowing that Granddaddy would let him play in the snow, he kept asking " can I go to Granddaddy's house?" after visiting with friends and going to the store, we finally made it to Granddaddy's house and guess what, he finally got to play in the snow. Max wanted to shovel something (he is such a little helper) so he and Granddaddy went to shovel an elderly lady's drive. Max is such the little giver and I hope that he continues to have a heart for others as he continues to grow. I ask God each day to help us raise him to love God and others.

Baby Slade doesn't particularly care for the cold weather. He has had a runny nose, etc for a couple of days so we have been trying to keep him indoors. His skin is so sensitive, his cheeks are chapped from just being outside for a minute. Tonight, he ate potato soup and loved it! He is getting to be so big and do "big boy" things.

It is so wonderful to be at home with them a few days each week. So "Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I am playing with my babies and babies dont keep" !

1 comment:

  1. Max is such a sweet helper! I love watching him with Slade, and he is so sweet to Cole too. You and Nathan are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete